Shilajit Purity Check is essential.
The fact that shilajit is good for the overall health of body and it’s increasing demand in the market has introduced various fake Shilajit products raising the quality problem. Sometimes these products are
- Real, but contain non-beneficial or even harmful fillers
- Very low grade quality
- Similar looking substances like mumiyo, mummyo or ozokerite
- Contain no shilajit at all.
It is the reason to test the quality of Shilajit which is characterized into the following grades;
- Red and gold rock, (highest grade)
- Yellow rock
- Grey rock
- Brown rock
- 5th grade, a prevalent form of resin sold in the market by using animal feces
The highest grade of Shilajit has been used as general health tonic since centuries. It is extracted from 16,000 – 18,000 feet above sea level found at The high Altitude mountains of The Himalayas. Traditionally, Shilajit resin is purified by using natural spring water and sun. However, obtaining high grade Shilajit remains a big question most of the time. That’s why many fake products are in the market. Shilajit counterfeiters exist because:
- It is one of the rarest substances in the world.
- It is difficult and costly to obtain.
- It is the top selling supplement for male fertility.
We encourage you to do the quality test before consuming it. There are various methods to check the purity of Shilajit at your home.
- Shilajit dissolves in water at room temperature. Once dissolved, you can see a golden blackish liquid.
- It does NOT dissolve in alcohol or vodka.
- When heated shilajit melts quickly. When frozen it becomes hard.
- It absorbs heavy metals like mercury. If pure shilajit and mercury are mixed together and stirred for about five minutes, the mercury will dissolve into the shilajit. This test is not recommended. Mercury is highly poisonous and can be dangerous if spilled.
- Shilajit does not burn rather it will convert to ash after forming bubbles without producing fumes when exposed to flames.
The Himalayan Shilajt that we provide at the ‘Natural Herbs Shop’stands the above tests. We deal directly with the locals who collect the minerals and our team carries out the purity tests after extraction in order to ensure that the Shilajit which we commercialize is pure and healthy.